How much should I tip my Stylist?
I get this question as a hairstylist everyday and honestly, I believe you should tip your hairstylist what you believe that they are worth (No sugar coating the truth).
I don't worry about what my clients tip me. I care about these 3 things:
- Is MY client happy with the service they requested?
- Does MY client feel like a million bucks walking out of the salon?
- Did MY client Pre-Book to come see me again in 6-8 weeks?
I started doing hair because I love making people feel great about themselves, not because of the money. To me, It's a great feeling knowing that I made someone feel wonderful about themselves with a haircut/color. Focusing on customer service is also another big thing.
When my client is in my chair, I love to make them feel welcome, rather that be talking about the stresses going on in life, giving advice, etc... Just simply being that person who "Listens" to their client is, in my eyes, the best customer service a person could ever encounter.
So while deciding to leave a tip next time your in the salon, Think of these 3 questions:
- Did my stylist do what I requested?
- Did my stylist listen to me?
- How did my stylist treat me during the service?
When you have all your answers, THEN you choose what you believe is a good tip.